Our DNA prep service can prepare DNA from plasmid DNA or colonies cultivated on an agar plate. We will perform the transformation step if necessary. Upon completion, we will provide the final product(s) along with a service summary that includes final DNA concentration, volume and spectrophotometric DNA analysis. This service is available to US customers ONLY.
|DNA Prep Type||Prep Service Type*||Plasmid Yield (High-Copy)**|
|Maxiprep||Regular or Endotoxin-Free||>500ug|
* Endotoxin-free preps are recommended for research specializing in animal testing
** low-copy or unknown plasmids are not guaranteed the minimum yield
6-7 business days for an order up to 8 preps. However, it may vary on your choice of service type, the quantity of samples requested, and the specific service requested. After you send an online quote request, a quotation will be emailed to you with an estimated turnaround time.
We have Ampicillin and Kanamycin available for maxiprep service. If other antibiotics need to be used for your maxiprep service, you need to provide them to Eton.
Optional DNA Sequencing service for final product
Optional DNA Sequencing service is available for you to confirm the sequence of final product. Please mention that you would like to request this service upon quote request, and price quote will be provided to you.
For pricing information, please send an online quote request. Please see "How to receive a quote" below on this page for more details.
A PO number is required when submitting an order. If you would like to pay by credit card, please email our accounting department at email@example.com or call 800-758-1630 for assistance.
Shipment of Final Products
- For all customers
- Final products are shipped or delivered when the whole order is completed. Upon request, we can send you partial order in multiple shipments before your order is complete. However, please note that shipping and handling fees are charged per shipment.
- For local customer close to the San Diego branch
- If you are a local customer close to our San Diego branch, final products will be delivered by our staff.
- For all other customers
- A UPS/FedEx tracking number will be emailed to you when it is shipped.
How to Receive a Quote
You have two ways to get a quote from us:
- If you are a registered customer, log into your account. Under Genomics, find DNA Prep Services. Click on Request a Quote button and fill out the form.
If you are not a registered customer, you may email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Your company/institution
- The service type of interest: Maxi-prep (Regular or Endotoxin-free), Mega-prep, Giga-prep
- The number of samples/preps, and the type of plasmid( high or low copy plasmid)
- The antibiotics to be used for the service
- Additional services if applicable
We will review your request and send a quote to you.
How to Place an order
If you accept the quote, please place an order :
For those customers who sent a quote request through your Eton Account
Please click on the link provided in the email and you will be asked to complete the order form.
For those customers who sent a quote request via email
Please email email@example.com with the following information for your order:
- Preparation size (maxi, mega, giga)
- Preparation type (for maxi only; regular or endotoxin-free)
- Number of preps
- Sample name(s)
- Antibiotics to be used for each sample
- Plasmid copy type (high or low copy) for each sample
- Elution buffer type (TE buffer or deionzied water)
How to send your samples
For local customers close to MA/NC/NJ/SD Branch - please call us to make arrangements for us to pick up your samples (and antibiotics if they are other than Ampicillin/Kanamycin).
For all other customers - please send your samples (and antibiotics if they are other than Ampicillin/Kanamycin) to the San Diego Branch:
Attn: Maxiprep Department
Eton Bioscience, Inc.
5820 Oberlin Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
If you have any questions about requesting a quote, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for help.