Primer Walking for Single Stranded DNA
You provide us with your template DNA and we will sequence the entire insert and/or plasmid (on one strand). In most cases, we initiate sequencing from one end of the insert and when the final sequence overlaps with the first, we stop. Upon completion, the completed sequence and all chromatograms will be provided. Data acquisition is about 1.5 kb a week (if sequencing from one end) and we can update you with the sequence as it is generated.
$25 for each walk, which consist of the following services:
- Primer Design and Synthesis
- DNA Sequencing
- Assembly of Final Sequences
What we need from you
- About 2µg of plasmid DNA for a 3-4 kb walk. An estimation of the DNA concentration is appreciated! Please contact us for a more personalized recommendation on DNA requirements.
- As much information about the plasmid/insert that you have (name, size, restriction sites used to clone the insert, priming sites, etc.) The more we have to work with, the better!
- Any sequence information you currently have.
It varies with different plasmid size. Our service yields approximately 1.5kb/week.
How to Order
Place your order through the 'DNA Sequencing' place order link. Under service type, select Primer Walking.
***Please note that we cannot guarantee completion of primer walking projects, since secondary structures and difficult regions of sequence can make it impossible to read through certain sequences. However, we always try our best and if we cannot complete the project, we will only charge for the sequences obtained.